Monday 19 October 2015

How to get over a breakup?


''It's over''.  You just got dumped or maybe you broke up with someone. You just want to curl up and retreat from the world. Grieving over your lost love for a short time is understandable, but if you linger too long in the purgatory of how-it-used-to-be, your friends will eventually get tired of hearing you talk about your ex and advise you to ''get over it''

 Getting over it. Easy to say. Much harder to do.


  1. Feel your feelings. Don't ignore them or stuff them down. Let the tears flow and express your anger. Ignored emotions will only make you calloused and afraid.

  2. I'm much better without him/her because. Finish this sentence. And write more sentences why you are better without him/her. For example ''I'm better without him because now I can use social networks again''.

  3.  I will find someone better. Because you will. You will meet someone else who will treat you well, will be kind to you, will love you and most important: he won't break your heart. 

  4.  Either block him or unfriend him on social media. It will help you believe me.

  5.  Write him heartbroken letter. And never send them. Get it all out, on a paper as to avoid accidentally sending them.

  6.  I'm more worth than what I accepted from person I loved. I can make myself happy. 

  7.  Being unattached is better than being in an unhappy or unfulfilling relationship.

  8.  Your worth isn't dependent on one guy's opinion. This breakup doesn't mean you are not desirable. It means you are not compatible with this person. 

  9.  Process the pain. Allow yourself to feel the pain. Don't shut down. It gets better with time. 

  10.  Sometimes the hug and some real talk is all you need.



Have fun reading it, Nastja. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment